Mubadala Capital and Fortress Investment Group have finalized the acquisition of a 90.01% majority stake in Fortress previously held by SoftBank Group. This transaction sees a consortium led by Mubadala now controlling 68% of Fortress equity while the remaining 32% is held by Fortress management. The deal follows definitive agreements made last year and positions Fortress to leverage Mubadala’s extensive network in alternative investments. Fortress recently managed over $48 billion in assets for approximately 2,000 institutional investors and private clients. Ardea Partners and Shearman & Sterling LLP advised Mubadala, while Goldman Sachs and Kirkland & Ellis advised Fortress management.

Private Equity, Alternative Investments, Legal Advisory,United Arab Emirates, United States, Japan